This week in Grasslands Public Schools was a busy one as the district Professional Development day saw literacy at the forefront of learning with a focus on balanced literacy at the KG - Gr. 3 level and ESL Benchmarks at the Gr. 4 - Gr. 12 level. The educational assistants PD day also involved a literacy presentation. A big thank you to the presenters who shared their knowledge and inspired us to continue the learning journey!
As promised here are a few literacy links to share this week:
- Literacy Place for the Early Years - KG Year at a Glance
- Literacy Place for the Early Years - Gr. 1 Year at a Glance
- Literacy Place for the Early Years - Gr. 2 Year at a Glance
- Literacy Place for the Early Years - Gr. 3 Year at a Glance
- Guided Reading in Gr. 4 - 6 slideshow shared at Griffin Park
Table of Comprehension Strategies for Scholastic Guided Reading titles (original component only- so not all titles are here yet, but will be updated soon)
Checklist for Moving from Small-Group Shared Reading to Guided Reading Levels A-C
Many thanks for the exciting week and I'll leave with a quote from Dr. Seuss...